[vtkusers] awt_Lock

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Fri Apr 4 15:15:31 EST 2003

philipp.batchelor at kcl.ac.uk wrote:

>I did compile vtk myself, and used the java on our system. Matlab was
>installed on our system, it comes with its own jvm. I wasn't able
>to get Matlab to use 1.4.1, normally there is an env variable called
>MATLAB_JAVA for this, but matlab doesn't start if I set it to 1.4.1. But
>the fact that the java example without vtkPanel works seems to imply that
>it is not the main issue.

It seems to be the main issue for me - your original "hello world"
example did no graphics or jawt drawing.  I suspect that your build of
vtk with java1.4.1 headers is somehow conflicting with the 1.3.1 jvm.
Perhaps if you tried compiling vtk against jdk1.3.1 this might go away....

>I did test Cone.java, which worked fine, I'll try more examples

inside matlab, or from the command-line?
-Jeff