[vtkusers] Problem with Python and VTK

Richard Muller rpm at wag.caltech.edu
Fri Apr 4 11:53:28 EST 2003

On Friday, April 4, 2003, at 12:07 AM, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
>     RM> First, I can't use vtkpython because for some reason it
>     RM> doesn't pick up the other modules in my site-packages
>     RM> directory (most notably NumPy).
>
> A traceback of this would help.  The following information would also
> help:
>
>  python -c "import sys; print sys.path"

My mistake; I rebuilt python, numpy, and vtk and now the vtkpython is
able to import numpy.

Thanks for such a detailed response; since I have a solution that
works, I'll stick with this. But I'll keep your message on file in case
I need to change strategies at some point in the future.

Rick

Rick Muller
rpm at wag.caltech.edu
http://wag.caltech.edu/home/rpm