[vtkusers] Volume Clipping...

cspl affable at hd2.dot.net.in
Thu Apr 3 01:14:24 EST 2003

Hi all,

    Any body have any idea of clipping a volume ( a set of images) using vtk classes??? we have vtkClipVolume, vtkClipDataSet, vtkClipPolyData classes to clip data. But among these classes which class will help in clipping image data and returns vtkImageData. I tried with all the above classes but none helped me. These classes return vtkUnstructuredGrid type of data. How to convert this data type to vtkImageData type?
    If i give 10 images, let say, of dimensions 128x128x10 and apply clipping the region which is in the form of a cuboid, 50x50x10, in the center of the volume then i should get the clipped output in the vtkimageData object. Is there any way to solve this problem?

    Please help me in this regard.

    Thanks in advance.

-Regards,
   Sateesh.