[vtkusers] Re: Problems running Java VTK on Linux, MacOS X 10.2 and Windows

S Nundy nundys at neuro.duke.edu
Mon Sep 30 10:08:07 EDT 2002

Hello,
	I have been using Java VTK on Mac OS X 10.1.5 (built with cmake
1.4.5, gcc2 and cvs about 1-2 months ago).  It runs successfully (except
for vtkPanel).  However, (see posts about a week ago), recent changes
seem to have broken the gcc2 build on 10.1.x. When built with gcc3 on
10.2.x, the build completes, but the libraries don't work (can't make
new vtk Java objects or load vtk JNI libraries).  C++ functionality is
intact AFAIK on 10.2.x.

Surajit Nundy