[vtkusers] Compiling for Python1.5

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Sep 25 01:45:52 EDT 2002

    TL> Hello, thank you for your reply.  I managed to solve this one
    TL> hour ago.

[Using python setup.py install]

    TL> So a trivial solution to it.

I'm glad the setup.py script worked.

A lot of updates have been made to the Python side of things after the
VTK 4.0 release.  I also updated the README.txt to add the
installation section a week or so ago.  Hopefully a new VTK release
might come sometime in the near future.  Anyway, I think its quite
safe using the nightlies instead of VTK 4.0.  There is an element of
risk but I dont think it is very bad.

    TL> Next problem, how to wrap a vtkRenderer in a QWidget from Qt,
    TL> Ill probably make a separate posting about that if I dont
    TL> manage to solve it.

Under C++ someone has already done this.  Dig up the archives for this
month or the last month.

If you want to do this using Python there already are PyQt widgets
inside Wrapping/Python/vtk/qt/.  Use them like so:

 from vtk.qt import QVTKRenderWidget, QVTKRenderWindowInteractor

cheers,
prabhu