[vtkusers] Sneaky way of producing non-linear bands in vtk file?

julianholt jholt at fatiguewizard.com
Tue Sep 24 23:56:06 EDT 2002

Guys

I have a normalised vtk dataset (values from 0.0 to 1.0) containing up to 500,000 scalar values that is written to a vtk file.

I need to plot this, using different user definable colours (lookup table).

Question

Is there anyway within a vtk file to specify a non-linear lookup table?

>From my experiments, if you have say 10 colours in a lookup table each "band" is 0.1

What I would like to say is, "set band 1 to plot between 1.0 to 0.5 and let the remaining 9 bands cover the 0.0 - 0.5 level".

Make sense?

Doesn't look to me that you can do this in a vtk file without changing the data (ouch) OR adding many more than 10 colours to the lookup table.

Many thanks for any pointers

Julian Holt
www.fatiguewizard.com