[vtkusers] Problems running VTK on Mac OSX 10.2.1

Surajit Nundy nundys at neuro.duke.edu
Tue Sep 24 14:37:20 EDT 2002

Problems:
I successfully built VTK using Cocoa on Mac OS X 10.2.1.  However, when
I try to run it, I get the error message (unlike Sandor Heman):-

/TimeRenderer
dyld: ./TimeRenderer Undefined symbols:
OpenGL undefined reference to _gll_noop expected to be defined in
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
OpenGL undefined reference to _gll_pkey expected to be defined in
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
Trace/BPT trap

This is behavior that didn't exist about a month ago when I could build
and run VTK on 10.1.5 (quite) flawlessly.  It seems to want some
X-Windows values, however, I am building for Cocoa. Has anyone
successfully navigated these straits and has a recipe for successful
building and running (hopefully, using Java wrapping) on 10.2.1.

Thanks,
Surajit