[vtkusers] VTK-Java problems on OS X

Surajit Nundy nundys at neuro.duke.edu
Fri Sep 20 12:48:57 EDT 2002

Hello,

I have 2 significant Java problems using vtk on OS X:-
1) vtkPanel.java does not seem to work.  When I call it (say by
executing SimpleVTK.java) it fails with a "Bus Error".  My work around
was to use vtkRenderWindow.Render which works, but
I often get crash:EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION which according to a recent
post may be because vtkRenderWindow.Render is not thread safe.
Has anyone successfully run vtkPanel.java on OS X?

2) I tried to build the current version of VTK with Java wrapping on OS
X 10.2 and 10.1.  This used to work about a month ago but does not work
any more.

It fails with the error

ld: Undefined symbols:
_aglChoosePixelFormat
_aglCreateContext
  ... and many other _agl* symbols.

when trying to link libvtkRenderingJava.dylib.  There appears to be no
mention of -framework OpenGl or AGL in the CMakeCache.txt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Surajit Nundy