[vtkusers] help with structuredGrid, structuredPoints, PolyData ...

Louis-Jacques Lalonde lalond01 at gel.ulaval.ca
Fri Sep 20 10:46:05 EDT 2002

Hi !

I'm looking at VTK since 2 days and I can't figure how to do this.  I'm
sure it's pretty simple, but it's my first experience with VTK.

I want to display a lot of points of different colors.  I have the
coordinates in x,y,z of each point.

Do I have to do a structurePoints et put each points in a cell ?  I can
have more than 1 000 000 points to display in 3D

I use VTK 4.0 and from what I saw, vtkScalars doesn't exist anymore,
someone know how I can assign a color to each points ?

Any fragment of code is welcome.  I've tried different things and got
confused with vtkPoints, vtkPixels, ect .

Thanks a lot :-)

Louis-Jacques