[vtkusers] Build problem -- vtk c++ code

Saraswathi Holla saruholla at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 20 08:44:35 EDT 2002

Hi all,

Hello I am a new one in this field. i have just
started with my first code on vtk that is building a
cone or a sphere.
I am trying C++ code. Infact I am trying the Sphere
example that is given in the site.
When I tried to compile the source code there was no
error. But when I gave build the exe I started getting
10-15 errors which looked as below.

Cone.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
vtkCamera::Azimuth(double)"
(__imp_?Azimuth at vtkCamera@@QAEXN at Z)

See I am new to VC++ environment also.
I felt okay this must be something to do with linker.
So in project settings, linker options-->
Object/library modules, I went and added
vtkRendering.lib file at the end.
After that when I tried to build, those 10-15 errors
disappeared and I got one single error as given below.

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
"vtkRendering.lib"

Some one could help me in resolving this?
Sorry if it is very primitive question. If this is
already discussed, or soem material is available in
net regarding this, please let me know.

Waiting for help from vtk community,
bye,
saru