[vtkusers] Re: Does vtkImageCanvasSource2D only allow greyscale?

Eduardo Kortright eduardo at cs.uno.edu
Wed Sep 18 12:50:55 EDT 2002

Hi Brent,

I ran into the same question before.  If you look at the documentation for
the class, you will see that vtkImageCanvasSource2D is a subclass of
vtkStructuredPoints.  In that class there is a method for setting the scalar
type and the number of scalar components.  Just set the number of scalar
components to three and you should be able to see color using a
vtkImageViewer to display your image.

Hope this helps!

--
Eduardo Kortright                         Department of Computer Science
eduardo at cs.uno.edu                        University of New Orleans