[vtkusers] exporting a scalar bar in VRML format

Joey Mukherjee joey at phobos.space.swri.edu
Wed Sep 18 12:11:47 EDT 2002

>I am using vtkVRMLExporter to export my data to a VRML file, which works fine
(picture, axes etc.),  with the exception of the scalar bar.
>The rendering window has a renderer, which has various actors added to it,
including the scalar bar one. How can I make the scalar bar appear in my VRML
file?

I'm not sure and was wondering myself.  If its any consolation, I have the same
problem as you except I don't even see the axes.  I just see the picture.  For
some reason, I don't think 2D actors are rendered in the VRML.

What plugin/VRML viewer do you (or anyone reading) use to view the VRMLs
produced by VTK?  Have you found that some are better than others?  I was only
able to show the picture in a plugin I found on Windows.  All the others I tried
just showed a black window.

Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                 "The price of freedom is eternal      +
+     joey at swri.org                   vigilance, or $12.50 as seen on      +
+                                     eBay...                              +