[vtkusers] precompiled binaries, Java, and Windows

Gordon Collins clavier at comcast.net
Sun Sep 15 22:57:04 EDT 2002

[Please ignore any near-duplicate message that may appear - I hadn't subscribed yet.]

Has anyone gotten the precompiled binaries to work with Java [1.3.0] under Windows [98]?
(I see a number of similar questions in the archives, but I can't find any answers that
may have been posted.)

I have done the following:

1) installed vtk40Core.exe

2) installed vtk40Java.exe

3) added the vtk.jar file to the CLASSPATH

4) compiled the sample code from http://public.kitware.com/VTK/example-code.php

5) added "c:\program files\vtk40\bin" to the PATH
I also tried adding "c:\program files\vtk40\lib\vtk" to the PATH.

I keep getting the following error when trying to run the program:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program
Files\vtk40\bin\vtkRenderingJava.dll: One of the library files needed to run this
application cannot be found.

For all six libraries called for in the sample code, the .dlls are indeed in c:\program
files\vtk40\bin and the .libs are in c:\program files\vtk40\lib\vtk.

What else can I check?

Gordon