[vtkusers] Combining several mappers for vtkLODprop3D?

Rene Tschirley pooh at cs.tu-berlin.de
Fri Sep 13 11:55:12 EDT 2002

Dear list,

My application uses volume rendering of several megabytes of medical
data, so I use vtkLODprop3D instead of vtkVolume to ensure that the user
is able to rotate and scale the visualized object interactively. By now,
I let the vtkOutlineFilter create a bounding box as lower LOD object, but
I'd like to check if it would be better to use three slices (coronal,
sagittal and transversal) generated by the vtkImageDataGeometryFilter.

As far as I understand, there isn't any chance to use the output of more
than one mapper for simultaneous display at one calculated level of
detail because vtkLODprop3D renders only the geometry of a certain LOD ID
(SelectedLODIndex).

Is there a possibility to combine the output of several
vtkPolyDataMappers to one single vtkPolyDataMapper so that I could
combine the slices before passing to vtkLODprop3D? I found no appropriate
filter.

Bye,
	René

--
Dipl.-Inform. René Tschirley              http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pooh
TU Berlin, Computer Graphics and Computer Assisted Medicine research group