[vtkusers] Logarithmic Legend

Edward Bachta ebachta at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 11 16:20:47 EDT 2002

Hello,

I'm using a vtkLogLookupTable to visualize some data, and I have a
problem with the vtkScalarBarActor that I'm using to display the legend.
The problem is, the bar is displayed such that the value scales linearly
and map index scales logarithmically. This means 99% of my bar is blue.
I'd rather have the value scaling logarithmically on the legend, with the
map index progessing linearly (so I see the full range of color nicely).
I'm thinking this is a pretty common thing to want to have. Surely someone
has a solution to this problem?

--
Ed Bachta
ebachta at ncsa.uiuc.edu