[vtkusers] marching cubes limitation

Christophe Odet christophe.odet at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Sep 11 08:45:43 EDT 2002

Hi,

I uses vtkMarchingCubes on a 195x281x200 voxels unsigned char binary dataset (vtkImageData).
The structure inside is rather complex (mouse skull) and lead to 889476 cells with approx 400000 points.
The problem is that the 25 last planes in the Z direction are not considered by the marching cubes
and the resulting polydata is truncated.

Does anybody know some limitations (memory, number of cells,...) in vtkMarchingCubes ?

I tried vtkMarchingCubes with a simple volume (200x300x200) generated with vtkImageEllipsoidSource
ans the polydata was ok.

Thanks for answers

Chris