[vtkusers] Problem with TCL in accessing a locally built library.

Andrew J. P. Maclean a.maclean at acfr.usyd.edu.au
Mon Sep 9 21:53:24 EDT 2002

Nope it doesn't solve the problem. I want to access functions in the
local library the same way as the rest of the vtk functions are
accessed.

I modified tkAppInit.cxx.in in the folder vtk\wrapping\tcl to include
Vtklocaltcl_Init() in a similar manner to existing ones in this script.
This function exists in vtkBin\Local\vtkLocalTclInit.cxx which seems to
be automatically created by cmake.

The problem now is that when I link the code in VC7 I get a link error
saying it can't find this function.

So ... How do I tell CMake to link in the correct library ( i.e. what
commands do I need) ? Do I put these commands in
vtk/Wrapping/tcl/LocalUserOptions.cmake , or somewhere else?

Perhaps someone has already done this and can offer advice.

I promise I'll write up a set of instructions if I am successful.

Thanks
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Postal: