[vtkusers] Re: Best vtk / QT package?

Steffen Oeltze Steffen.Oeltze at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Fri Sep 6 11:03:52 EDT 2002

I do have trouble. I'm using the vtkqt-library by Matthias Koenig to
create an
application that supports stereo rendering. Unfortuately, executing the
renWin->StereoCapableWindowOn() - method results in the following
error:

> vtkQtRenderWindow (0x05502E8C): Requesting a StereoCapableWindow must
> be performed before the window is realized, i.e. before a render.

I know that one has to execute this method before the window is rendered
but
I didn't use render() in the source code before so I assume that the
window is
rendered by some internal vtkqt-method. Here is the critical part of my
source code:

> // create a Qt-application and a widget
>     QApplication a( argc, argv );
>     QWidget *qw = new QWidget;
>     qw->resize(350, 200);
>     qw->show();
>         // create a renderer and a render window
>     vtkRenderer *ren1 = vtkRenderer::New();
>     vtkQtRenderWindow *renWin = new vtkQtRenderWindow(qw);
>         renWin->StereoCapableWindowOn();
> renWin->AddRenderer(ren1);
>         renWin->setGeometry(0, 0, 300, 200);
>         renWin->show();

Could you test please if the StereoCapableWindowOn() - method works with
the package you are using.

By the way, why can't one set the window to stereo mode after it has
been rendered ?

Regards,
Steffen Oeltze