[vtkusers] Re: Best vtk / QT package?

Steffen Oeltze Steffen.Oeltze at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Fri Sep 6 03:45:05 EDT 2002

I have got a question concerning the package you have mentioned. I'm
using vtkqt by Matthias Koenig which works fine except for the fact that
I'm not able to render stereo in his vtkQtRenderWindow. Calling the
method "StereoCapableOn()" results in an error. Could you please test
for me if this method works with the package you are using ?

A week ago I downloaded your java-program to graphically edit a transfer
function. I'm trying to
implement something similar using Qt. Unfortunately, I encountered a
problem concerning the
editing of a vtkColorTransferFunction. You  can add a point to this
function and you can remove
one but I couldn't find a method to modify an already existing point.
However, this is necessary
for my application because I want to enable the user to change the
transfer function interactively.
The problem is that I don't want a new point to be added each time the
user changes the color
but I want to modify the recently added point. How did you manage this ?

Regards,
Steffen