[vtkusers] Problems with vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Thu Oct 31 06:27:24 EST 2002

Robert Belleman wrote:

>On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 04:14:41PM -0500, Joshua A Foster wrote:
>

>>1) We are all running NVidia drivers version 1.0-3123 now, and we still get
>>"XRequest.144: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)"
>>frequently and "Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0xa9)" on rare
>>occasions.
>>

>You will get the latter message when multiple threads access the same
>X server.  To solve this, call XInitThreads() at the start of your
>program.
>
>Actually; this issue has come up a number of times now, so it warrants
>a permanent solution.  It would be a good idea to add this call to
>vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx.

IMHO, this would not be a good place to make this call, as it must be
called before any other X calls, and there are very few situations I can
think of where a vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow is the first X-related object
created in an app.  Another solution is to make the call from your own
program, or better-yet to make sure that you only modify the render
window from a single thread.
-Jeff