[vtkusers] reader formats

Dave Semeraro semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 30 08:04:32 EST 2002

Hi,

This question may have been asked before but I cant recall. I know there
are reader classes
in vtk for the vtk file format and I think there is one for ensight files
as well. My question is what
other formats have readers been written for? Has anyone written a reader
for tecplot files or a
general HDF5 reader? Anyone working on parallel IO for vtk? We deal with
all sorts of users
here with all sorts of data. Most of those we encounter are currently using
Tecplot or IDL or AVS.
They are interested in vtk and the biggest issue is data importing. That is
why I ask about the
other file format readers.

Best Regards,
Dave

Dave Semeraro Ph.D.
Visualization and Virtual Environments Group
NCSA University of Illinois
605 E. Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820
Semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu