[vtkusers] Compile error on FreeBSD4.5

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Fri Oct 25 04:00:33 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I'm trying to compile vtkNightly4.n on a FreeBSD4.5 machine. Configured to
compile shared libraries and wrapping tcl. All the vtk*.so libs are built
but I get the following error when the build tries to compile the vtk
executable.

/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so: undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so: undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'

This has cropped up once before on the list and Prabhu suggested
adding -lpthread to the linker flags.
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2001-November/008541.html

Which one of these should -lpthread be added to:

CMAKE_MODULE_LINK_FLAGS
CMAKE_SHLIB_LINK_FLAGS
CMAKE_CXX_MODULE_LINK_FLAGS
CMAKE_CXX_SHLIB_LINK_FLAGS

Maybe things have changed and one of these should be set to 1 instead:

CMAKE_USE_PTHREADS
CMAKE_HP_PTHREADS
CMAKE_THREAD_LIBS

Since the machine has a single processor should libGL.so be trying to
reference pthread at all?

Thanks,

Goodwin
University College Dublin