[vtkusers] Overlay of 3D lines

David Netherway david.netherway at adelaide.edu.au
Thu Oct 24 01:29:18 EDT 2002

Hello,

I wish to overlay lines defined in 3D on top of a VolPro generated 3D CT
reconstruction. The depth of the image from the VolPro card is probably a
fixed depth of 0. The lines that pass behind the z = 0 plane are not drawn.
I wish to draw them as if to an overlay plane, i.e. force them to be drawn
in front. Does anyone have a way of doing this without having to grab each
end point and the camera parameters, and then project onto the near plane
and render as 2D actors each time the camera is altered? Perhaps there is
way to directly send openGl drawing instructions to the window so that the
lines are drawn after everthing else.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers, David