[vtkusers] vtkNightly dll's

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Oct 23 03:10:35 EDT 2002

>>>>> "AC" == Andy Cedilnik <andy.cedilnik at kitware.com> writes:

    AC> Hello Dharmendra, Try www.vtk.org.

Yes, but the vtk*Python.exe does not specify which version of Python,
Tcl/Tk etc. it requires.  So its unlikely people will download it
without knowing what it requires.  Also, where does it install
VTK-Python?  Can someone who uses/builds these please clarify?

Actually, if you want you can easily build a distutils based exe file
for VTK-Python.  Do this on a windows machine with Python installed:

 $ cd Wrapping/Python
 $ python setup.py bdist_wininst

That should do the trick and build a distutils based exe that will
install VTK-Python correctly with all the Python files and the DLLs on
Windows if Python is already installed.  Could some Windows + VTK
Python user please check this?  I'm asking since I cannot test under
Windows.

cheers,
prabhu