[vtkusers] Visual Studios 6 + vtk setup help

Christopher M. Navarro cnavarro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 21 00:36:53 EDT 2002

I have built the vtk 4.0 source with visual studios 6, but I get link
errors when trying to build an example (for instance cone.cxx).  Under the
tools -> options I set the include directory to   vtk\include  (I put all
of the headers into an *include* directory after building vtk 4.0)...I put
all of the *.lib and *.dll files in lib and under tools->options I set the
library to  vtk\lib

I can compile cone.cxx, but when I try to build cone.exe I get link errors
like:

Cone.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall vtkCamera::Azimuth(double)"
(__imp_?Azimuth at vtkCamera@@QAEXN at Z)

Can anyone who has set up Visual studios to work with vtk give me a run
down of what else they had to set to get the vtk examples to work?
Thanks!

-chris