[vtkusers] deriving my own class from vtkActor

Steffen Oeltze Steffen.Oeltze at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Sat Oct 19 12:05:08 EDT 2002

Dear VTK-users,

I have derived my own class from vtkActor and I have added a couple of
methods to this new class.
After creating and modifying such a new actor I add it to my existing
renderer. At some point I use
vtkRenderer->GetActors() to retrieve my custom actors. Then, I would
like to traverse the returned
list and apply a custom method to each of my selfmade actors. However, I
get the error:

> 'method' : is not an element of 'vtkActor'

I guess this is a problem of backward compatibility but I don't know how
to solve it. Can anybody help me ?

Steffen