[vtkusers] vtkDataArray and SetValue?

rudi at yeah.co.at rudi at yeah.co.at
Fri Oct 18 13:51:08 EDT 2002

Hey!

Probably someone faced the same problem. Ich want to write a generic class
which processes data arrays of any type (VTK_CHAR ... VTK_UNSIGNED_CHAR  ...
VTK_WHATEVER). So why not take the abstract superclass and set the right
subclass on demand? Well, if you would like to do so, there is one problem:
SetValue is implemented in every sublcass but there is no abstract SetValue
in vtkDataArray. Has anybody a good idea how to solve my problem?

Perhaps there is a way I forgot! Thanks in advance!

Rudi