[vtkusers] Manipulating 4D data

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Thu Oct 17 15:01:03 EDT 2002

I have a set of time steps from an FEA simulation that we would like to be able
to interact with in pseudo real time, that is be able to view the time sequence
but also interact in 3D with the model (to take a better look at whats happening
at each step). The time steps come in as a discrete series of vrml scenes which
I have imported into vtk as a list of ActorCollections, one ActorCollection per
scene. My initial thought was to assign a slider to select a specific
ActorCollection and set the rest of the actors opacity to zero. By running the
slider I could see the time progress but still be able to interact with each
step in 3D. This is the first time I've tried to deal with 4D data so I'm
wondering if folks can suggest a better way to do this. Thanks for any
ideas/pointer....john