[vtkusers] Please Help!!!

Theodore Papatheodorou tp500 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Thu Oct 17 05:43:33 EDT 2002

Hello VTKuser  & developers,
please help! I am loading a file of type .OBJ into VTK and although it
only has about 9000 points the vtkPolyData object that is returned has
46.000. I have printed the list of all the points in the resulting
vtkPolyData object and I have seen that there are a lot of repetitions
something that does not exist in the original data set.
Can anyone tell me why it loads the OBJ file incorrectly? Why does it
produce these replications of data and how I can fix it?

vtkOBJReader  *face = vtkOBJReader::New();
    face->SetFileName("face.obj");

vtkPolyData *datum = vtkPolyData::New();
    datum = face->GetOutput();

int x = datum->GetNumberOfPoints()

x = 46845  (when it really is around 9000).

Any Ideas? I have spent a lot of time on this. If you know something
please email me! Thanks!!!!
Theodoros