[vtkusers] urgent

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Oct 15 05:35:33 EDT 2002

    D> Hello All, I am new to VTK.My requirements are like this.  Gui
    D> is going to be in Python/tkinter and visualization part is
    D> going to be in c++.  My question is how to get a
    D> VTKRenderWindow(which is in c++) from python.

The function

vtkObjectBase *vtkPythonGetPointerFromObject(PyObject *obj,
                                             const char *result_type)

is defined in Common/vtkPythonUtil.h

Simply pass this function the Python object that corresponds to your
Python vtkRenderWindow and the expected return type ("vtkRenderWindow"
in this case) and then use the returned pointer (after suitably
typecasting it of course).

cheers,
prabhu