[vtkusers] vtk-Java Help

Surajit Nundy nundys at neuro.duke.edu
Tue Oct 1 00:20:21 EDT 2002

I have been able to successfully make Java wrapped libraries on 10.2.1.
  They almost work (I can see vtkRenderWindows and generate other
classes easily).  However, one major exception remains:-

If I do vtkPolyDataMapper.SetInput( cone.GetOutput()), the program
fails with a EXC_BAD_ACCESS error.  This is not a java problem, because
I cannot catch an exception around this code.  Instead, a "Bus Error"
happens with the above problem written to Console. Oddly, I can use
vtkPolyDataMapper.SetInput in C++ and Tcl code without any problems,
which suggests that the actual Java wrapping is responsible.  Since
this is a pretty important method and class (I can't visualize data
without it), I was hoping you would have some ideas about it.

I also haven't been able to use vtkPanel.java yet which apparently
makes the Carbon drawing surface thread-safe (using vtkRenderWindow
directly apparently is not thread-safe).  Have you used these
successfully?

Thanks,
Surajit