[vtkusers] VTK 4.0 with VolumePro support on Linux

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Thu Oct 10 14:24:30 EDT 2002

Sebastien,

You just need to switch to the vtkVolumeProMapper from the
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper. If you built tcl wrapping I can send you a short volProt
script....john

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      public.kitware.com
 [24.97.130.19]

From: "Sebastian Haase" <haase at msg.ucsf.edu>@public.kitware.com on 10/10/2002
10:25 AM MST

  "Sebastian Haase" <haase at msg.ucsf.edu>           To:   <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>
                     @public.kitware.com           Cc:    (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
                                           Subject:      Re: [vtkusers] VTK 4.0 with
                                                VolumePro support on Linux
                                Sent by:
       vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
                     10/10/2002 01:25 PM

Hi VolumePro board users !
I got VTK 4.0 now compiled (with volumePro 1000 support).
The trick was that I inserted a "#inlcude" line in
./Rendering/vtkVolumeProMapper.h  :
#include <vli3/include/vli.h>
Which as I thing resolved a "namespace' issue that got introduced with a
recent change
 in the VolumePro source.

BUT: now, how do I get e.g. the "volProt" sample program to use my board ?
Is there environment variable to be set ?  Or does it maybe not work because
of
 perspective projection  while the board only supports orthogonal !?

Thanks,
Sebastian