[vtkusers] X/GL-error?

Robert Belleman robbel at science.uva.nl
Thu Oct 10 03:16:22 EDT 2002

Hi Thomas,

Although the symptoms you describe are not completely the same as
what I have seen on some systems with the same configuration you
are using, it's not that different.

Here's what you should check;

Take a look at /usr/include/GL/gl.h on your systems. If it mentions
"Mesa" at the top, you are using the wrong include files.

To fix that, run the following commands:

ln -sf /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/include/GL/gl.h /usr/include/GL
ln -sf /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/include/GL/glx.h /usr/include/GL
ln -sf /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/include/GL/glxtokens.h /usr/include/GL

Then rebuild Vtk (or at least recompile and rebuild all Vtk libraries
that depend on OpenGL).

The problem is that the nVidia RPMs don't install the correct header
files by default.

-- Rob

--
[] Robert Belleman         X  Section Computational Science            []
[] robbel at science.uva.nl  |X| University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands []