[vtkusers] X/GL-error?

Thomas Koninckx Local Thomas.Koninckx at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Oct 9 09:20:15 EDT 2002

Hi,

I've got a weird display problem. The first time I try to render,
everything works fine. If I close the program and I try it a second
time, nothing is displayed anymore. After closing the render-window and
redrawing it, the rendering is again ok. The same story goes on and on.
The third time I start my program, only the third window will start
displaying something... the fourth time, the fourth window will start
displaying, .... After restarting X, the problem restarts with the first

window.
I also loose some memory during each cycle. It's freed with the restart
of X.

Some colleagues have encountered similar problems. OS is Linux Redhat
7.3 or 8.0 (same problem). Graphical board is a nVidia Gforce4/2 (with
dedicated drivers installed).

Does anyone recognize this problem? If yes, is there a solution? Any
suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards
Thomas

Thomas Koninckx
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven                 tel.+32-(0)16-32.10.90
Department Electrical Engineering(ESAT)        fax. +32-(0)16-32.17.23
PSI-VISICS           (VISion for Industry Communications and Services)
Kasteelpark Arenberg 10                   tkoninck at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
B-3001 Leuven Belgium               http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/psi