[vtkusers] scalar values

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Tue Oct 8 13:08:06 EDT 2002

Vidya,

See the web documentation for vtkFloatArray at http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkFloatArray.html

There are a number of examples listed on that page and all the methods you will need to load the array with your data.

By the way the documentation is wonderful and I suggest always starting there
and browsing through it to get a feel for all the different types of information
you can get out of it. The heirarchy browsing is especially nice......john

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      public.kitware.com
 [24.97.130.19]

From: "vidya sivakumar" <vidya.sivakumar at quest-global.com>@public.kitware.com on
10/08/2002 12:41 PM AST

  "vidya sivakumar" <vidya.sivakumar at quest-global.com>           To:   <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>
                                   @public.kitware.com           Cc:    (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
                                                         Subject:      [vtkusers] scalar values

           Sent by:  vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
                                   10/08/2002 12:41 PM

Hi All,
I am not very clear about associating scalar values to point data.
I have an expression to compute the scalar value at each point(x,y,z).
HOw do I read the values into a vtkFLoatarray or a double array.
I tried using vtkFloatArray but it did not work.
Can anybody help?
Thanks in advance,
Vidya