[vtkusers] Python + VTK:[vtkRenderWidget.py, vtkTkRenderWidget.py] core dump

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Mon Oct 7 09:00:12 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 14:45, Dean N. Williams wrote:
>     I am trying to run VTK 4.0 on my PC Linux Red Hat 7.2 platform with
> Python 2.2.1
>     and tcl/tk 8.3.3. For the most part Python/VTK works, but I am
> running into the following
>     core dumps in the Wrapping/Python directory:
>
> cloud% python vtkGetDataRoot.py
> cloud% python vtkLoadPythonTkWidgets.py
> cloud% python vtkpython.py
> cloud% python vtkpythontk.py
> cloud% python vtkRenderWidget.py
> Segmentation fault
> cloud% python vtkTkImageViewerWidget.py
> Segmentation fault
> cloud% python vtkTkImageWindowWidget.py
> Segmentation fault
> cloud% python vtkTkRenderWidget.py
> Segmentation fault
> cloud%

I haven't seen these before.  Could you try generating a back-trace?
I.e. do the following in the Wrapping/Python directory:
1. $ gdb python
2. (gdb) run vtkRenderWidget.py
... wait for the segmentation fault.
3. (gdb) bt

Study the output for possibilities and/or send it to this list.

Regards,
Charl