[vtkusers] Destroying objects from Python

bryan cole bryan.cole at teraview.co.uk
Tue Oct 1 12:34:45 EDT 2002

I've got a VTK/Python question.

With python, when/how are VTK objects destroyed?

Normal python objects are destroyed when their reference counts are
decreased to zero, but this cannot be true of VTK objects: if I create a
set of VTK objects locally in a function, these objects persist outside
of this function, even though their references have been lost.

How do I force an object to be destroyed?

Bryan

--
Bryan Cole
Teraview Ltd., 302-304 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge