[vtkusers] Overlay Roads onto Terrain

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Wed Nov 27 14:41:22 EST 2002

I have succesfully created a triagle mesh using vtkDelaynay for my
terrain(actor) and I created my roads(actor) using vtkPolyLine.  At some
points the roads bisect the terrain. What I would like is the roads to lay
on the triangle "cells?" that form my terrain.

Hi Kelly,
  If your problem is coincident lines /  polygons, take a look at
vtkMapper->SetResolveCoincidentTopologyToShiftZBuffer et al.

regards

   Dave Pont

|--------+--------------------------------->
|        |          "Kelly R."             |
|        |          <prvtacct at hotmail.com> |
|        |          Sent by:               |
|        |          vtkusers-admin at public.k|
|        |          itware.com             |
|        |                                 |
|        |                                 |
|        |          28/11/2002 04:30       |
|        |                                 |
|--------+--------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                            |
  |      To:     vtkusers at public.kitware.com                                                                   |
  |      cc:                                                                                                   |
  |      Subject:     [vtkusers] Overlay Roads onto Terrain                                                    |

Hello,

I am new to vtk and need some help getting started.

I have succesfully created a triagle mesh using vtkDelaynay for my
terrain(actor) and I created my roads(actor) using vtkPolyLine.  At some
points the roads bisect the terrain. What I would like is the roads to lay
on the triangle "cells?" that form my terrain.

Can anyone help?