[vtkusers] problems at rendering background of my scene (background is black)

David Kornmüller david.kornmueller at gmx.at
Tue Nov 26 23:59:53 EST 2002

hi,

My scene gets not rendered correctly - the background is black (but this
depends on the position and the configuration of the camera). Maybe I have
something forgotten, but I think renderWindow->Render() is enough.

My situation in details:
I have a virtual forest. This virtual forest is generated by simple trees
(cylinder + sphere) and a background (a big cylinder in which all the trees are
positioned). The camera position is also in this big cylinder. Now the
problem is that the background is not always rendered. Sometimes I can only see a
black background (but I can see the small cylinders+spheres in front of this
background). This depends on the camera-settings. If I zoom or move the
camera, most of the times I can see the background (but not always - that's the
problem  *g*).
The same effect occurs, if I use a WindowInteractor. The first rendering is
wrong (black background). But if I click somewhere in the renderWindow (->
changing of the camera), the whole scene is displayed correctly.

Does anybody know this problem or has an idea, what the problem could be?

Cheers,
David