[vtkusers] Old Linux:vtkRenderWidgetConeExample() SIGSEGV

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Nov 25 13:36:03 EST 2002

    DH> Hi, I have the following combination working well on IRIX 6.4,
    DH> Solaris 8, and Linux Red Hat 7.1:

    DH> tcl/tk tk8.2.3 Python 2.1.3 VTK Version vtk version 4.1.1, vtk
    DH> source 1.1358 2002/10/05

Not sure if this will help but make sure that the version of Tcl/Tk
that Python's _tkinter.so links to is exactly the same as the one used
to compile VTK with.  If there is a mismatch in these one can run into
segfaults etc.

Besides, I'm sure upgrading from 6.1 to 7.x is a good idea anyway. :)

cheers,
prabhu