[vtkusers] Carving mesh

Chunyan Jiang jiang at TI.FhG.DE
Mon Nov 25 11:51:37 EST 2002

Dear VTK-users,
Maybe my question is a little bit complex. Anyway I hope I can get some
hints from vtk-experts. Now I know how to use one plane to cut one object
and display the rest part on the screen. Furthermore, I want to use several
plane to cut this object. These planes generate a mesh. It is like carving.
And I hope the mesh can be showed as a line frame. Then the user can control
the line frame by draging the vertex on the frame so that the object can be
cutted at the same time. In addition, the line frame is not always convex.
It mights be concave. Has anybody the same experence? Any help is much
aprreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Chunyan

Chunyan Jiang, Dipl.-Inform.,
Institut for Telematic
Bahnhofstrasse 30-32, D-54292 Trier, Germany
Phone: (+49) (0)651-97551-34
Fax: (+49) (0)651-97551-12