[vtkusers] Wrapping a New Class

Stephen Reilly stephen.reilly at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 24 07:12:07 EST 2002

VTK-Users,

I have created a new class in the Local directory called vtkImageColouration, and am trying to compile it with Java and Tcl wrapping. This class acts as another Image Filter.

The class compiles correctly, but I get the following error whenever the wrapping is attempted:

Error: Unresolved external 'vtkImageColouration::GetColorTransfer()' referenced from C:\VTK\LOCAL\VTKIMAGECOLOURATIONJAVA.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external 'vtkImageColouration::New()' referenced from C:\VTK\LOCAL\VTKIMAGECOLOURATIONJAVA.OBJ

The function signatures for these two are:
static vtkImageColouration *New();
vtkColorTransferFunction *GetColorTransfer();

The functions are not that complex, and I have tried looking at other code segments that have roughly the same signature with no success.

If you need any more information please let me know. Any help that you could supply would be greatly appreciated. This is the first time I have tried creating a new VTK class, and I don't have very much experience with C++ either.

Thanks,
Stephen