[vtkusers] Re: Tetrahedral elements (Xiangyi Liu)

Jason Riley J.Riley at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Nov 19 06:48:24 EST 2002

Xiangyi,

If vtk does not provide a tetrahedral mesher. I would suggest a trip to:

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/sowen/softsurv.html

This is a software survey at Steve Owens Meshing research corner. This is a good site to find
out about the various approaches to tet-meshing.
Also this survey provides an overview of whats available as freeware for academic purposes and
also as commercial packages.
If you intend to use it for academic use I would suggest NETGEN as I have found this to be easy
to use and also it will import STL meshes produced
by vtk.

Hope this helps,
Jason