[vtkusers] Re: Crystal Eyes Stereo

Dr. Dan White dan at chalkie.org.uk
Fri Nov 15 05:22:56 EST 2002

Hi Chris,

I use crystal eyes stereo on a linux box using the MayaVi vtk
frontend GUI.
you can configure the render window in the GUI to do crystaleyes,
but there is a little hack required to make it work

In the MayaVi directoyry you need to edit this file as follows
Misc/Renderwindow.py:

76         self.frame = Tkinter.Frame (master)
77         self.frame.pack (side='top', fill='both', expand=1)
78         self.tkwidget = vtkRenderWidget.vtkTkRenderWidget
(self.frame,
79                                                            width=600,
80
height=500)

and replace the line 78 with this:

78         self.tkwidget = vtkRenderWidget.vtkTkRenderWidget
(self.frame,
79                                                            width=600,
80
height=500,
81                                                            stereo=1)

basically just add the stereo=1 option

I have good results using texture mapped volumes, but the ray cast
volumes look funny......
Anyway, hope that works on NT

Cheers

Dan

dan at chalkie.org.uk
http://www.chalkie.org.uk

Daniel James White PhD.
Cell Biology
Department of Biological and Environmental Science
University of Jyväskylä
FIN-40351
Jyväskylä
Finland