[vtkusers] vtkLightKit

James C. Robinson j.robinson at kepler.ie
Thu Nov 14 11:18:05 EST 2002

Dear All,

I have been viewing my mesh using a vtkRenderer and the associated (default)
camera and light. The lighting isn't bad, but I have set the light to follow
the camera and consequently, as any planes become more parallel to the
camera view axis, they become black.

I decided to use the vtkLightKit object, which seems very useful. However,
it results in the entire mesh being less visible (badly lit) than the
default light.

The code that I use is simply:

	pLightKit->AddLightsToRenderer(this->Renderer) ;

where both the pLightKit and Renderer have been created with the Cview
window.

In hope,

Jim
______________________