[vtkusers] building vtkNightly

Kevin Tiow Wee TAN twtan at cheerful.com
Wed Nov 13 16:58:15 EST 2002

Hi Mark,
As I as my experience, the vtkParseJava.exe generated while building
vtkNightly, can't actually recognise any directory name with "spaces"..
I assumed that you jdk in C:\Program Files\ may need to re-installed
into C:\

That's what I suspect the problem is...  If you don't want to re-install
it, you may need to look into the configuration file within your VTK and
see which file contains the path C:\Program Files, and you changed it to
C:\Progra~1 ... I would think that's a lot of work to do, compare to
re-installing ...

Also which C++ are you using?  I have no problem using Visual C++
version 6.0, but I have problem using VC++ version 7.0 .Net Enterprise
version to generate .class files for generating vtk.jar

Had anyone tried to use VC++ 7 build vtkNightly to in-corporate with
Java successfully (manage to generat vtk.jar) ???

--
Thanks
Kevin