[vtkusers] question about mapping textures to arbitrary shapes

Wilson wilson at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 12 16:54:42 EST 2002

hi,
    I am new to using VTK and I have a quesiton about how to map textures to arbitrary shapes.  In my particular case, I am trying to visualize ultrasound data.  In this case, the data does not posess a rectilinear distribution, but rather it looks more like a pie wedge.
    So, if my texture consists of a 2D array, how would I map it to a wedge shape given I know where each texture/data point should map to in physical 2-D space?  I have taken a look at the vtkDataSetMapper, and I believe that this is the right way to procede, but the details allude me.  Could anyone offer any insight on this matter?

Wilson Chang
MD/PhD Program
University of Pittsburgh
School of Medicine