[vtkusers] Subclassing abstract vtk classes in Python

Reinhold Niesner r.niesner at tu-bs.de
Tue Nov 12 09:45:27 EST 2002

Hello vtk users,

Now that the nightly release allows subclassing of vtk classes in Python
(which is a very nice feature, thanks), I wondered if there is a a way
to sublass abstract vtk classes in Python. I tried this with
vtkPolyDataToPolyDataFilter and got a segmentation fault.

I also tried to subclass a concrete filter class and overwrite its
Execute method, hoping that on update my Exeute method will be executed,
but had no success.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Reinhold