[vtkusers] Problem with vtkRenderLargeImage

Andrew J. P. Maclean a.maclean at usyd.edu.au
Mon Nov 11 21:39:09 EST 2002

vtkRenderLargeImage does not render vtkScalarBarActor or vtkCubeAxes2D
objects correctly. It seems to render the surface OK but I get multiple
copies of the scalar bar and cube axis actor superimposed on the image
when I save it to a file.

Is there a work around for this? I basically want to save a high
resolution jpeg image for publication and I want a scalar bar and axes
in the image, so I am doing something like this after the actors have
been added to the renderer:

      // For saving a high resolution image

      vtkRenderLargeImage *renLge = vtkRenderLargeImage::New();

      vtkJPEGWriter *Writer = vtkJPEGWriter::New();

      renLge->SetInput(ren);

      renLge->SetMagnification(5);

      Writer->SetInput(renLge->GetOutput());

      Writer->SetFileName(fn.c_str());