[vtkusers] Re: VTK on MacOS X 10.2 w/Tcl,Python and Java

Stephen R. Saucier ssauci1 at umbc.edu
Tue Nov 12 02:14:03 EST 2002

I don't know if it will be of any help, but I compiled a "diary" of
sorts while I was trying to compile vtk on Mac OSX (10.2 in my case)
in which I was somewhat succesful. I was trying to get vtk to work
with Tcl/Tk and I was interested in getting it working quick as I was
under pressure of deadlines, but it was sort of working. Somewhat. If
you are interested in getting vtk to work with python, there was
someone on the web who had a binary distribution, however I forget the
exact URL offhand -- however a simple web search should turn it up as
that is how I found it in the first place.

I hope that my directions may be of some use - let me know if you have
any questions or comments, or if anyone else has directions - I would
be willing to compile a comprehensive list of problems and solutions
for getting vtk to work on the mac if such a thing would be desired.

Anyway, without further ado:
http://www.cs.umbc.edu/~ssauci1/gavl/building-vtk-on-osx.html

-Stephen Saucier
Graphics, Animation and Visualization Laboratory